Thursday, June 7, 2007

Nicknames


Truitt needs your help. He needs a name.


We have all grown up with nick names whether they had to do with our hair color, height, ears or characteristics. Josh's nick name in high school was Josh "the boss" Ross. It stuck and many of his high school and college friends still call him that. I don't know that anyone else in his family has a nick name, but in my family every one has one whether you like it or not.


My oldest brother was called "Rog" during his college days at Tech. This is not pronounced (rawg, but Rog - short for Rogers, our last name) He is the original ROG. Then there's my other brother, Keith that's "Little Rog". As you guessed there's Momma and Papa Rog and finally me, Glowworm Rog. The short story is that I have big ears that stick out from my head and one night I was standing in front of a light and my ears were glowing bright red like a glowworm doll from the 80's, hence the name glowworm Rog. Laugh all you want, I'm over it by now. :) Even those that married in have Rog names. Volunteer Rog (Martha is from TN and she was the first to volunteer to be in our family), Handsy Rog (Amy just couldn't keep her hands off Korey, or so he says) and Rogesus (Josh is so fast he is likened to the greek mythological character Pegusus).


So... Josh and I have come up with some nick names for Truitt and here they are. T, little T, JT, big T, T-dawg and my new favorite - sweet T. We need all the help we can get so chime in and help us out with a new one or vote for your favorite. Have a great week everyone.


--

Pictures are of Martha and Stephanie Watson and Tquan and Leahanna Moore

12 comments:

JENNY said...

I like tee-tee-pee-pee. Actually, I like sweet-t the best.

Anonymous said...

His nickname shall be: Truitt "I love my Uncle Troy better than any other person, besides my parents, in the whole world. I miss him and can't wait for him to hold me and tell me about New Zealand, Vince Young and the Spurs." Ross

Lisa Renee said...

Hi Kasey- this is Trent Phillip's wife. I found your blog through Mere Moore's and was blog hopping. Congrats on your new son! He is precious! Hope to see him at church sometime!

Lisa Renee said...

Oops, I mean KayCI. Sorry, I know that must really bug you.

Truitt Ross said...

Troy, I love the idea. It's a little long, but I'm lovin' the direction you're going with it. :)
He will know your name before he even sees you face to face. I love you guys and thanks for keeping up with what's going on with our son.
- Kayci

Truitt Ross said...

Lisa, thanks for saying hello. The name thing really doesn't bother me, I'll answer to almost anything. :) I should be in Lubbock sometime soon and if I'm there for church I really want to see you guys. Please come say hello if you see me.
- Kayci

*Courtney* said...

I like little T, but then he might have to graduate to big T, so I don't know. He's still cute whatever you decide to call him. :)

Danna said...

Hi Kayci, I have been keeping up with your beautiful family thru Jenny's blog. Hope you don't mind. I really like the sweet-T or T-dawg the best. Truitt is so cute and is blessed for having you two as his parents. Love ya'll!
Danna Jacks

Liz Moore said...

He is soooo cute and getting so big! I hope we get to meet him sometime soon! I'm going with T-Dawg... it just sounds like something Josh would call him :)

Chelsie Sargent said...

We are so excited to meet him very soon- see you in a couple days!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kayci,
Believe it or not, this is Ms. Pfanmiller! Although I have no suggestions for a nickname...I love Truitt Ross as is, I did want to send my blessings for your sweet gift from heaven. Life is funny; I was in Dr. Epperson's office last week for my check-up, and sweet Cassie was my dental hygienist. She asked about my teaching and one thing lead to another and we discovered we both know you! She sent me your blog. Of course I was thrilled to hear about your journey these past few years. You will continue to be a wonderful wife and now mother; you still look as youthful and spirited as ever! Well, enjoy these precious years, my dear...they are magical and like no other.

Take care,
Ms. Pfanmiller

Truitt Ross said...

Wow, Ms. Pfanmiller what a small world! Thank you for posting a comment. What a great blessing to hear from so many people. (Ms. Pfanmiller please feel free to email me at kjr99a@acu.edu so that we can talk further) I hope you are all having a great day. I will be posting photos from yesterday's baby blessing soon. :)

To those of you wondering if it's ok that you keep up with T, OF COURSE it's fine. Just say hello every once in a while. Blessings.