I told Truitt that it was nite, nite time and he just looked at me and laughed. Oh boy!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Randy Harris called him "my baby"and he thinks they must have the same barber. :) Truitt could hardly contain himself. Sorry for the blurred picture. Yes, his picture is BIGGER because I've never seen a picture of Randy Harris and a baby. Thanks for posing for us Randy!
Luke and Lindsay Norsworthy
On the road again... for 7 hours
Grammy and Grampy
Truitt telling Sarah Campbell a story
Have you ever heard that song about Ailene? "Abilene, Abilene, prettiest town I've ever seen..." Well, we felt that way this past week. We love our church in Houston and our house, but there are so many great memories in Abilene. We loved being back and seeing some great friends and family. Love to Keven and Sarah Campbell and Mike and Diane Cope for letting us crash at your houses. You're the best! Here are some pictures. Enjoy.
PS. Josh spoke twice at the ACU lectureship. He spoke to a group of youth ministers and then again as his own class. He was great! God spoke through him as usual and I'm so thankful God used him this past week in that way.
love, Kayci and Truitt
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
This pic is from fathers day. What a great dad!
Tomorrow, Wednesday, is Josh's birthday. He's 27 years old and he's loving life. Here are 27 reasons why I love my husband...
1. He loves Jesus more than anything and anyone. He truly desires to look like Jesus.
2. He's a great friend to his buddies
3. He really cares what I think.
4. I love when he laughs so hard his forehead scrunches up and no sound comes out.
5. He is an athlete
6. His bible is worn out so much from use that he has to duct tape it back together
7. He is a HUGE Nebraska fan whether they are having a good season or bad
8. He enjoys R&B and rap music (yes you can still be a christian and love these things... maybe) :)
9. He's the best dad in the world!
10. He genuinely cares about the poor and that they have a voice in our society
11. He's humble
12. He's actively discipling some men right now. That's hard work!
13. He is a great preacher and connects with so many age groups. I love it when he preaches his heart out and sits down and I get to tell him what a great job he did!
14. He gets such a big kick out of surprising me.
15. He gains energy by being around people
16. I trust him as the head of our household to make the best decisions for our family
17. He plays NCAA football on XBOX and there's an option to create players. He has created family members, friends and I believe Truitt Ross won the Heisman last year.
18. He loves Mexican food
19. He has a great imagination
20. He's not afraid to take risks
21. The David and Jonathan relationship he has with Troy Robertson. It brings tears to my eyes
22. He raps in the shower, LOUDLY.
23. He does a great raptor impression. You know the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park that shriek.
24. His gorilla impression is even better.
25. He HATES when I bring up that he plays the trumpet, when he really played the Coronet AND it was 6th grade, AND he only knew one song. I'm still so impressed!!
26. He is a man of prayer. Chances are he's prayed for YOU in the past week.
27. He is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him by my side. Josh, other than Jesus you are God's greatest gift to me.
PS. Rick and Beverly, 27 years ago you began the journey of raising Josh. You raised him to put Jesus first. You prayed for his future wife and that he would treat her like the church. Thank you for raising him well and praying for me. I know that you are proud of the man he is.
Happy Birthday Josh. You're the best! - Kayci
Now it's your turn...what's your favorite thing about Josh?