Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Josh


This pic is from fathers day. What a great dad!

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is Josh's birthday. He's 27 years old and he's loving life. Here are 27 reasons why I love my husband...


1. He loves Jesus more than anything and anyone. He truly desires to look like Jesus.


2. He's a great friend to his buddies


3. He really cares what I think.


4. I love when he laughs so hard his forehead scrunches up and no sound comes out.


5. He is an athlete


6. His bible is worn out so much from use that he has to duct tape it back together


7. He is a HUGE Nebraska fan whether they are having a good season or bad


8. He enjoys R&B and rap music (yes you can still be a christian and love these things... maybe) :)


9. He's the best dad in the world!


10. He genuinely cares about the poor and that they have a voice in our society


11. He's humble


12. He's actively discipling some men right now. That's hard work!


13. He is a great preacher and connects with so many age groups. I love it when he preaches his heart out and sits down and I get to tell him what a great job he did!


14. He gets such a big kick out of surprising me.


15. He gains energy by being around people


16. I trust him as the head of our household to make the best decisions for our family


17. He plays NCAA football on XBOX and there's an option to create players. He has created family members, friends and I believe Truitt Ross won the Heisman last year.


18. He loves Mexican food


19. He has a great imagination


20. He's not afraid to take risks


21. The David and Jonathan relationship he has with Troy Robertson. It brings tears to my eyes


22. He raps in the shower, LOUDLY.


23. He does a great raptor impression. You know the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park that shriek.


24. His gorilla impression is even better.


25. He HATES when I bring up that he plays the trumpet, when he really played the Coronet AND it was 6th grade, AND he only knew one song. I'm still so impressed!!


26. He is a man of prayer. Chances are he's prayed for YOU in the past week.


27. He is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him by my side. Josh, other than Jesus you are God's greatest gift to me.


PS. Rick and Beverly, 27 years ago you began the journey of raising Josh. You raised him to put Jesus first. You prayed for his future wife and that he would treat her like the church. Thank you for raising him well and praying for me. I know that you are proud of the man he is.


Happy Birthday Josh. You're the best! - Kayci


Now it's your turn...what's your favorite thing about Josh?

10 comments:

jenny biz said...

Such a sweet list, Kayc. I love how Josh can make me laugh. I love that he is such a great uncky to Malaya. I love what a devoted student of God's word he is. Happy Birthday, Josh!

Martha said...

I love that he can talk on the phone for 30 minutes with me and I know he has soaked up each word...this is VERY rare for a man, Josh. :) Just ask Keith...he'd probably say, "huh". I love keith anyway though. You are very good at listening and responding in a positive and meaningful way. Love you! Happy Birthday tomorrow! We will be calling! M

Bev Ross said...

There are so many things I love about Josh. The way he genuinely cares about people. The way the whole intensity of a room rises straight up when he enters. The way I can totally trust him to be faithful in prayer over me. The way he loves you and Truitt. The way he loves to discuss the things of God. I love to discuss them with him! Josh Ross, you are a blessing!!!

Anonymous said...

Josh is my favorite son-in-law. He is an answer to my prayer. I prayed early and long for a mate for my little girl. I prayed that God would help the parents of that young man as he grew into a man of God. Rick, Beverly and Josh have followed God's plan. I am proud of the man Josh has become and the way he cares for my little girl. Thank you God for your blessings. Kelley

Rick Ross said...

Kelly,

Your comments brought tears to my eyes. We feel equally blessed to have Kayci.

I love the way I am challenged to be more like Jesus simply by being with Josh.

Happy Birthday, son. (I hope I called you first)

Leslie said...

He's Josh Ross! That is why he is great.

Kat said...

Kayci...I wish I knew Josh better after that great post about him. But, I just have to tell you this. Clint plays NCAA football as well and his team is made up of the 12 disciples and Jesus is the quarterback....he needed one more player so he added John Willis in there...hilarious! Miss you, hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

As a member of his community with many opportunities to gather around the table with him, I admire his sincerity, dedication and devotion to prayer. We love you, Josh.
Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Josh, I love how you love and care for Kayci and Truitt, and I love the fact that you love Kelley and I and you've made us part of your family. I am so proud of the choice Kayci made in choosing you to be her husband. Thanks for being the godly man you are. Karen P.S. I also love how you can be so fun and crazy at times.

Michael said...

Is this the same Josh I know...Josh, I think you have them all fooled...LOL

Hope you had a wonderful b-day...glad to know you