Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Liars!


My husband is a liar... well I guess it was for a good reason. :) He and my best friend Adrienne surprised me last weekend. I haven't seen her in a while and have been missing her terribly. She and I can talk for hours on the phone but rarely get to talk in person. Last weekend I was at my in-laws house and low-and-behold in walks Adrienne. I stood in amazement as I stared at this familiar face but it just didn't make sense in my in-law's house. It took a minute to register and then I almost dropped my child! HA! I know call me Brittney Spears. I think I hugged Adrienne so hard she probably has bruises. :) We sat and talked for a long time and just got to catch up. She is a wonderful friend and totally LIED to me the day before on the phone about her plans for Friday night. All that to say, I'm so glad that Josh and Adrienne planned this most wonderful surprise and I'm grateful that the truth is not in them, not even a tiny bit. :)
The part I loved the best was that she just fit right in with my family. She loved on Josh's grandparents and ate that wonderful southern cookin' like it was her mom's recipe. Thank you Adrienne for making my MONTH! You are an incredible friend and thank you for loving my son! I think your the person that got the quickest smile so far. Blessings!


5 comments:

JENNY said...

I'm definitely going to call you Brittney Spears now. I can't believe he surprised you! That's so fun and I'm sure you loved seeing Adrienne! Well, I hope to see you soon, Brittney.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad I found your blog!!! Congrats on little Truitt, what a precious boy.

Leslie

Kristen said...

That is so fun! What a special surprise!!!! I bet that was really neat to see her and for her to meet your precious son!
Love all the pics of Truitt!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who was more surprised... you, or poor little Truitt because his mommy scared him so badly!!! Kayci and Joshua Ross (aka co-liar), your son is so magnificent and so... well... PERFECT! I'm sorry you taped over part of the baby blessing - yikes! But, I am so thankful for the precious time I spent with you guys. Time is never enough, but it is treasured all the more. I love you all, and now I can't wait for Nathan to meet Little T too!!!

Ashley said...

Hey girl! I found you through Jaymie's blog and had to say hello!

Truitt is so handsome! He needs to come to lubbock and play with Carley (and me) one day!

It is good to see how God has blessed you and Josh in so many ways! You are so sweet!

Ashley (Core) Nelson