Friday, June 5, 2009

Pepperdine


looking out from the middle of campus

buildings on campus

One of my favorite trees. It's huge!
View of the ocean from right beside that same tree


View from campus center walking toward the chapel and ocean

Gorgeous Chapel!

The famous cross at the front of campus


Yes, that's the ocean

When you look at the back of campus you see beautiful mountains. If you can see past the construction going on. : )



We loved our time at the Pepperdine Lectures. Josh was a key note speaker and did a great job. I taught a class and enjoyed making new friends and encouraging others as I was encouraged. We enjoyed seeing friends and family, and soaked up the beauty. I got to see my best friend, Adrienne and her husband Nathan when we were there. I was also blessed to spend time with my grandparents Billy and Melba Burr. I was so thankful that they were so proud of both Josh and I. There are quite a lot of stairs on campus, so being pregnant and climbing those stairs was tough, but really fun. I loved visiting Pepperdine.
I am so glad I went to ACU. I wouldn't change that decision for the world. Looking back, I wish I would have at least spent a summer in CA. : )
That was the first leg of the trip. More to come...

2 comments:

Brianna Allen said...

P.S. Your favorite tree was dedicated to my best friends grandma (Lela Porter). My best friend has her own tree on the ACU campus. Just thought it was neat! Hope yall are doing good!~Brianna Allen

Lauren said...

What a fun and wonderful trip!! I LOVE Pepperdine and Malibu. My family and I have walked that campus many times and we fall more in love with it every time we are there :) My grandparents lived in Bakersfield for 42 years so I have wonderful memnories of going to Pepperdine and eating at Malibu Seafood. I'm waiting to see a picture of the precious Ross family so I can put y'all on my fridge to pray for you every day. Glad you and Josh had such a wonderful time. I knew Josh would hit a home run! Bless you guys.