Friday, May 30, 2008

On the road

We are on the road visiting family between Houston and Memphis. Our first stop was Decatur to visit Josh's parents and family. Then, we drove on to Abilene where Josh preached at Highland and we were blessed to see many old friends while we were there. Next, we drove on to Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, TX. We loved it! I think Truitt is going to be a GREAT camper. I'll try to provide pictures soon. We are now in Lubbock, TX visiting my parents and enjoy west Texas. Whew! what a trip!

________________

May 10th was Truitt's birthday party and the next day was mother's day/our 6 yr anniversary. Needless to say, in the midst of party and packing we didn't get to celebrate. So, last night we left Truitt with Memaw and Papa and just played. We played Putt-putt and I beat him by one stroke and then he INSISTED that we play another game so that he could restore is pride. Ski-ball was the choice and AGAIN I beat him. Not by a little, but a lot! The score was 25,000 to 1200! Victory, sweet victory! Then we were off to a famous steak place called Cagle's steak house and I ate the best steak I've eaten in a LONG time. I don't know what they do to it, but it was great. We stayed in the exact same room we did on our wedding night and slept-in this morning to my hearts delight! Josh Ross, you are a great husband and I'm so thankful that I married a romantic like you. Thank you for loving me. Happy late anniversary.

Kayci

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like y'all are having so much fun on your "road to Memphis." We miss you like crazy already!

Karen said...

I know what it's like to have a hectic month of May. Our oldest daughter's b-day is May 4, our anniversary is May 8, Mother's Day is right in there somewhere, and my mother's b-day is May 10. Not to mention, I teach at a college and final grades are always due at that time too. *LOL* It's kinda funny when you think of it.

I'm so proud of you guys - making your anniversary a priority. Keep doing that! I can't wait to meet you and your family next week!

~Karen

JENNY said...

We miss you guys!! Can't wait to catch up.

Kara Graves said...

Hey Kayci :) I have been thinking about you and praying for you this whole week. Moving is always such an emotionally and physically taxing time. I hope everything got to Memphis unbroken and you have fun finding places for all your things. I have been praying that you feel a great peace and joy in your new home and meeting new people, and finding your way around a new town! I can't wait to see you in August!