Sunday, January 27, 2008

Girls Reflecting Glory


Friday night before the conference

Saturday night after the conference. So fun!

I had a great weekend speaking about Jesus to about 600 girls at a conference called Girls Reflecting Glory. The conference is run by an amazing team of people and I'm humbled that they asked me to participate. I co-spoke with one of my college friends, Jennifer Cooke, and she was sooooo amazing! She has a depth that I've seen in very few people. The conference began on Friday night and then ended on Saturday afternoon. The theme was Overflow - "from the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks" What a great theme! I mainly spoke to the middle school girls that were there. I had a blast and made some new friends while I was there. The best surprise of the weekend was my best friend Adrienne and her husband Nathan drove down from the Dallas area to hear me speak. WOW! Now that's friendship. : )

Josh wins the best husband ever award for allowing me to do this, and to pretty much be a single parent for the weekend. I loved it and I'm thankful the girls had a chance to open their hearts to the Lord and see what he has to sayabout the overflow of their hearts. I'm humbled by being an instrument in his hand. It was a great weekend, but I'm exhausted. Here are a few pictures. Love you all, and thanks for the prayers. - Kayci

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kayci, I am so proud of you. You are such a special christian woman. I am proud to call you my daughter. You are such a light for the Lord. You are a great wife and mother. You are a living example of what a child can become if they are given a chance to know God and his teachings. I promised God that I would try and bring you and Korey and Keith up by his teachings if he gave your mother and I children. I had to have his and your mothers help. I also needed all the other christians God put in my life. My cup runs over with the blessings from the Lord. I give all the credit and glory to him for you. Keep giving them Jesus and being Jesus to everyone you can. I love you. Dad

Truitt Ross said...

Thank you daddy. You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm so proud to be your daughter. I know that you never had the chance to know your father, but I actually think he's the one that missed out. I imagine if he unknowingly bumped into you on the street and you had a short conversation he would walk away thinking 'I want to be THAT man'. You are amazing! I love you. - Kayci

Sarah said...

God is sooo good! I am so glad that it went well. I know the Lord spoke boldly and powerfully through you! I love you lady!

JENNY said...

You did an amazing job, Kayci. Speaking is your gift and I'm so thankful I was able to be gifted by you this weekend. I love you so much!

Kara Graves said...

you are beautiful...inside and out!