Thursday, June 19, 2008

Memphis attractions


The front of Elvis' house

one of his many awesome cars

Truitt "helping" daddy mow the yard. So cute!

The Peabody ducks

Entrace to Memphis Zoo


bald eagles (they mate for life and return to the same nest every year)


black leopard and look closely for the one asleep above




Watching intently while the Sea lions did their show

Andre

Chloe is waving to us as the balances her 2 tons of weight on
her front fins.
While Memaw and Papa were here to visit we did a lot of tourist things. We had so much fun!! One of my favorites was the Memphis Zoo!! It was one of the best zoos I've ever been to. So, here are some pictures for you to enjoy and a list of the main things we did while they were here.


1. Graceland
2. Marching ducks at the Peabody hotel and picnic in the park
3. They visited our new church
4. Chilled at the house and then Josh and Papa put the patio furniture together
5. Visited the Zoo and then ate downtown at Rendezvous (famous for dry ribs)
6. Wednesday night church



We played games, relaxed, watched golf with the rest of the world and then clapped with Truitt.
Thank you Lord for family. - Kayci

10 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! You've seen a lot in such a short time. I, too, love the Memphis Zoo. We went for the first time in late March. Did you see the pandas and the polar bears? Amazing! Great photos.

Elizabeth said...

Isn't the Memphis Zoo wonderful? I am glad you are getting settled! Let me know if you need anything!

Kim Chapman said...

I have to agree with Karen and Elizabeth. The Memphis Zoo is so great.

How did you like Graceland? That jungle room is something else!

Glad you had such a good time.

Kara Graves said...

i love all your pictures! so much fun!

Mindi said...

I'm so excited to see new pictures! The house is beautiful! Looks like y'all are adjusting well.

JENNY said...

Love the pictures!!

Leslie said...

Hey Kayci!
I just caught up on your last 10 posts. I am so excited for you guys and your move to Memphis. I hope everything is going well. It looks like you guys are having such a good time. LOVE the house. more pictures of that!! Adam and I have talked so many times about taking a road trip up through TN and West Virginia....maybe one of these days

Sarah said...

We will have to go to the zoo when we come up and visit in August! Also the house is beautiful! I can't wait until we get to see you again! Love you and miss you guys.

Mimi said...

The first picture I saw was graceland,"wow,, is that their house?" But I love the looks of your house also. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I am so happy that you guys are in Memphis. I was there for 4 years and just moved back to Texas about a year ago. In fact, I lived right down the road from the wonderful zoo! small world. Sycamore View is very close to my heart, and I'm so glad you are there. Many blessings to you guys!

Jenny Rich
jennyrich81@yahoo.com