Sunday, April 13, 2008

Emotional

Today was an emotional day. Josh and I announced that we are leaving our sweet church here in Houston, TX. We are moving, in June, to Memphis, TN. We are excited about the opportunity and I know I'm going to love it there, but today is sad. I just wanted you to know our news and to pray for our transition. For now, I'm exhausted because I cried my eyes out in front of the WHOLE ENTIRE CHURCH today.
Thank you for your kindness and sincere well-wishes Southwest Central Church.
Thank you Sycamore View Church in Memphis, for loving us already and for your encouragement.

Love, Kayci

3 comments:

Kevin Smithers said...

As I said on your husband's blog... We have been praying for y'all for 18 months, we sure aren't going to stop now. We realize that you will be moving away from family, so we will do our best to fill in the gaps. One of the first things that you will learn about us is that we bar-b-q pigs, not cows. That is very important to know around here. Can't wait to meet you in person!!

Karen said...

Hi Kayci,

My name is Karen. I recently moved to the Memphis area and left a congregation of people who I deeply loved too, so I can relate to a degree. I have been praying for you and Josh... and especially for our brothers and sisters at SW Central church. I was overjoyed when I heard the announcement today, but felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow for the congregation you'll be leaving behind.

I look forward to meeting you and your family in the coming weeks and will continue to pray for you guys through this transition.

Lauren said...

Kayci,

I have never commented, but I am one of your readers from Highland. You, Josh, and Truitt will be in my prayers as you make this bittersweet transition. God is going to use both you and Josh in wonderful new ways! BTW, you know two of my favorite people, Steve and Chelsie Sargent :) Be blessed as you prepare!
Lauren C.